Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tuesday Treat with SJD Peterson

Say hello to SJD (Jo) Peterson.  She's a coffee lover just like many of us!


People ask me all the time how I can stay focused while writing for so many hours a day (typical day is 8-12 hours). The answer is simple – Lots and lots of coffee. I drink it from morning to night and an unapologetic coffee snob. While the majority of the time my mug is filled with dark roast coffee, sometimes I like a little flavor in my brew.

We all know flavored coffees can be expensive, especially when buying it by the cup. I found a way to satisfy my taste buds without going broke. I make my own at a fraction of the cost.
The simplest way is to check your spice rack. Try adding about ¼ of a teaspoon of your favorite flavor to your coffee grounds before you brew your morning Joe. I recommend cinnamon, apple or pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg,




Mocha coffee your flare? Add ½-1 teaspoon of cocoa to your coffee grounds, mix well and pour into your brewing basket. For those of you, who like me, drink a lot of coffee, or want to give it as a gift, add ¼ to 1/3 cup of cocoa to a pound of ground coffee and mix well. I like to dish out enough for a single pot into fancy plastic baggies, tied with a pretty bow and give as gifts.

Finally, my favorite way is to flavor with oils.  There are many online companies that sell a variety of coffee bean flavors. (My favorites are caramel and hazelnut.) Buy fresh roasted coffee beans (Do not grind first) I add about 1oz of flavor to each pound of coffee beans. Store your flavored beans in a plastic bag or container for a couple of days to give the beans time to absorb the flavors and viola – flavored coffee at your fingertips.

Not only do I enjoy making my own flavored coffees and giving it away as gifts, but you can also put the flavored beans in a bowl or around the base of a candle and fill your house with the yummy scents.
Happy Brewing
Jo





Guards of Folsom: Book Five

Tek Cain & Jamie Ryan work at the Guards of Folsom BDSM club. After two years on the run from their old motorcycle club and the Feds, Tek & Jamie are finally able to relax and enjoy their new life in New York City. But the past won’t stay buried, and when the MC resurfaces, it’s Jamie who pays the price. Tek and the rest of the members at the Guards of Folsom must work together to get back one of their own.

In this, the final installment in the Guards of Folsom series, everyone must come together, bound as one in their quest to find Jamie and bring him home once and for all.










And catch up on the Guards of Folsom series as well.




Meet Jo Peterson


SJD Peterson, better known as Jo, hails from Michigan. Not the best place to live for someone who hates the cold and snow. When not reading or writing, Jo can be found close to the heater checking out NHL stats and watching the Red Wings kick a little butt. Can't cook, misses the clothes hamper nine out of ten tries, but is handy with power tools.














1 comment: