Monday, September 07, 2015

Monday Musings with Kate Pearce

The Tribute series was one of those ideas that came out of nowhere and sort of stayed with me for many years because I couldn’t quite see how to write it or what I would do with it if I did write it.  I’m fairly well known for pushing the boundaries of erotic romance, and I also write erotica, but this series… well it was way past even my comfort zone.


You might not believe it, but I also write cozy historical mysteries, which are quite complex. After finishing one of those I had a bit of time and I just decided to write the first of the Tribute series, Sacrifice. It was one of those books that poured out on the page—probably because I’d been thinking about it for so long. It actually shocked me, and explored dark themes of non/con and violence and other so not romance things. But I was convinced I had still written a love story, and luckily for me, Riptide agreed, and the linked books are being published.

So, if you try the books be aware that they aren’t for everyone. But if you like your romance super dark? You might just enjoy them.





Sacrifice

Awaiting execution on a foreign planet, Anna Lee has nothing left to lose—until Commander Rehz Akran offers her a chance to escape her fate. Anything is better than death, but when her training for Akran’s mysterious mission begins, the brutality is hard to take . . . especially since Anna has no idea what the workouts, beatings, and endless sexual demands are preparing her for.

Rehz Akran doesn’t deal with failure. He’s determined that his last trainee will survive her immersion in an unimaginably alien world and return alive—even if it means she’ll hate him forever. He needs to stay detached, but his new recruit makes that impossible. Soon he’s willing to defy his own training for a chance to forge a true connection with Anna.

It’s Rehz’s job to teach Anna to survive as a Tribute. And if she does, it’s his task to help her overcome the trauma of the experience. But this time he isn’t doing it to save his planet. This time he’s doing it for love.











About Kate Pearce

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Kate Pearce was born into a large family of girls in England, and spent much of her childhood living very happily in a dream world. Despite being told that she really needed to “get with the program,” she graduated from the University College of Wales with an honors degree in history. A move to the USA finally allowed her to fulfill her dreams and sit down and write her first romance novel. Along with being a voracious reader, Kate loves walking on the beach and climbing live volcanoes in her new home in Hawaii.

Kate is a member of RWA and is published by Kensington Aphrodisia, Cleis Press, Carina Press, and Virgin Black Lace/Cheek. 

Connect with Kate:

·Website: www.katepearce.com
·Newsletter: http://bit.ly/1ASL0nK
·Twitter: @Kate4Queen






Giveaway

Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a $100 Amazon giftcard! Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on September 12. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Don't forget your email so we can contact you if you win!



10 comments:

  1. Angela:

    Congrats on the release of Sacrifice, After reading the blurb i feel that this is a really intens read (love those) the cover is also very powerful. Thank you for the awesome giveaway chance.
    ahpg(at)ziggo(dot)nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super intense-but if you keep reading-it all makes a terrible kind of sense by the end. :)

      Delete
  2. Really interesting to see an m/f couple on the cover of a Riptide book--wasn't expecting that!

    --Trix, vitajex(at)Aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of fast-talked myself into this one and sold them a trilogy with a lot of m/m and other variations along the way. The first book focuses more on the m/f part of the quartet but that changes in book #2. :)

      Delete
  3. sounds interesting

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your post! amaquilante(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blurb and your words about this series piqued my interest! I enjoyed very much your Hourse of Pleasure series and I've read some dark romance before so I'll read Sacrifice for sure! :)
    - Emy
    yamapi.beat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely read. I love sci-fi stories.

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! I'll happily read anything Ms. Pearce writes. This does sound dark, and a little out of my comfort zone. Which is exactly why I want to read it.

    (Plus! I found this contest a mere 3.5 hours before it ends. Lucky me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we have the same name!

      Forgot to leave my email: katherine DOT ogrady AT gmail.com

      Delete