Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tuesday Tangent with Nicole Forcine

I have a dream. I love having a space to write, and my usual spot, a busy coffee shop, is nice.

And pricey, as I like to buy food and a latte, to make my presence there for 4 to 5 hours worthwhile for everyone.


Problem is that too many people in the shop makes me nervous and distracted.  The wi-fi can be spotty at times (a hazard when you use Dropbox for everything). It's too easy to lose focus for hours. Writing sexy scenes with people near by could lead to interesting exchanges.

So, I have a dream: my dream workspace. Like Tim's apartment from my novella Shaken Up, it would sit on top of a business.  It sits on top of a coffee shop.  One that sells decent breakfast.  I wouldn't mind taking the stairs up and down to get fed and mingle with the staff.

It's small, wood floors and a few of those fluffy rugs you can get from IKEA. Hell, minus the chair, this entire set up could be IKEA.  I love that place.  It's a dream in store form.  With meatballs.

The windows look out on the busy street, great for the people watching I adore, far enough that I can't hear their conversations.  I can watch without being among them. Each window has both a sunshade and blackout curtains.

There's a nice laptop stand and a comfy expensive chair facing the windows, space for speakers, a rolling drawer nearby for my tablet and a charging stand for my phone, decent, steady and locked wi-fi. My cane even has its own place in a brass umbrella stand, where it won't tip over. It will be right next for a wooden cubby hole for my bag and coat.

For those more broke days, I have an espresso machine, on top of a mini fridge.  There's soy milk and flavored creamers and syrups for those days when I only have so much energy to go up and down the stairs.  I can make my own latte.  And there's snacks inside: fruits, chocolates, maybe even the makings for a nice smoothie.  Would a blender fit with the espresso machine on top?

Behind my workspace is a comfortable bed, clean sheets and blankets, one of those fancy lap tables nearby. If I'm exhausted, I can just pull the black out curtains over each window and rest for a few hours before returning to work.

And there's a cat, that either lives in the space, or travels with me between home and there.  Because no writer space is complete without a pet nearby.


It would be wonderful.


Shaken Up


Tim Myers is the flamboyant and overly fastidious owner of the adult shop Little Earthquakes. In his spare time, he moonlights as a sub for his friend's BDSM classes, and while he'd love to find a Dom to cater to his domestic servitude kink, he's wary of exposing his body and his heart. When Jae Seong comes into Tim’s shop and asks him for help with a wax play demo, Tim is turned off by the idea. Jae is nothing if not persistent, though. He’s a skilled Dom and soon finds out why Tim is so protective of his body, his neck, and his heart. Over a series of play dates, the two grow close, and it dawns on Tim that he might be looking at a match made for collaring.







3 comments:

  1. Now you have me dreaming of having my own apartment;-) Loved 'Shaken Up'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My own little space to read and write would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that workspace too! Can we share it?

    Shaken Up sounds fab. It hits all my sweet spots for a good read. Thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete