Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday Things - Meet Ken Bachtold

Who is Ken Bachtold?  Go behind the cut and meet the author in his own words.  :)


I’ve always been an avid reader, proof being approximately 500 books passing though my Kindle, mostly MM Romance. Often frustrated at finding exactly the type of story I favored, I thought, what the hell, I should write one.

And so I did!

Seeing The Same Blue.

Naturally, I was profoundly delighted when it was accepted for publication by Dreamspinner Press.

Then I wrote Blue Valentine Blues, which became part of the Valentine Anthology. And now, All By Myself, the latest is being released.

Ken Bachtold is my real name, as I feel it is necessary to properly own my books.

I favor two very masculine men, evenly matched, who, for one reason or another fear the attraction. I like to keep the sexual tension throughout the book, with the resolution coming only at the very end. I feel this will keep the reader wanting to find out what happens next. I try to write fully rounded characters so sympathetic that the reader will pull for their happy ending. I try to make my two guys three dimensional and as real as possible. I also like a rather large group of supporting characters, who interact with the protagonists, but also have their own subplots, which I think enriches the story. In All By Myself there’s even a parakeet named Tweet, and a puppy named Puppy who are characters in their own right, and contribute to the story!

As always, my aim is to please the reader. I hope I succeed!


*****

 
All By Myself

Mitch Donnelly and Grady Gilmore are two damaged souls. While walking in Central Park, novelist Mitch finds actor Grady in terrible distress, digging up the grass as if he can bury himself in the ground. After hearing the story of Grady’s long-time partner's betrayal, Mitch is afraid to leave him alone, so he invites him to stay in his spare room until he feels better. Mitch understands—he lost his first love in a car accident.

Upon Grady's arrival, Mitch is much happier and his writing improves. Grady, with Mitch's constant support, auditions and is cast as Iago in a production of Othello. Attraction slowly blossoms, but each man has been so terribly hurt in the past, both are afraid to act on it. With the encouragement of Emma Latimore, Mitch's outspoken landlady and friend, and constant chatter from a parakeet named Tweet, Mitch and Grady might find the courage to face their doubts and find a second chance at happiness.










2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I'll try it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds quite an interesting story. I've never read anything by this author and I'm looking forward to experience his stories.

    ReplyDelete